The ICE PACK – Knowing Me, Knowing You resource offers a combined social and emotional and skills development programme to support the delivery of a first class health and wellbeing curriculum. This will support children to succeed in school and life, help them academically and supports them in being engaged, life-long learners who are self-aware, caring and connected to others.
Through a whole school approach, the Knowing Me, Knowing You programme will support schools in building inclusiveness, health and wellbeing, active participation, citizenship and community thus developing the emotional and social attitudes and essential skills of children.
The programme is designed to support the core principles of Curriculum for Excellence HWB Experiences and Outcomes and the Wellbeing Indicators within Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC, Scotland) (Every Child Matters, UK.) to promote healthy, nurturing inclusive practices.
The programme supports professionals in addressing and delivering the health and wellbeing needs of young learners through 139 pre-planned flexible lessons over the six core themes – What do I feel, need, want, value, think and choose to say and do. The resource includes:
- Nursery – Primary 7-year group books (3-12 years)
- Mojo and Friends Storybook
- Wall planner – to give a view of year group lessons
- A Wellbeing Planning Tool for Head Teachers – Girfec Wellbeing Indicators
- Information on how Parents can support their children’s learning at home
- Essential Skills Development Information
- A Digital eLearning Resource with all Planning Tools and Lesson Evidence Materials to support delivery and personal learning planning
The themes covered also promote opportunities for interdisciplinary learning e.g. literacy, numeracy, citizenship, drama, art and language.
Information Flyer: 15.009_Knowing Me, Knowing You 2017 update
To arrange a free presentation within Scotland or discuss further please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)131 453 5514