Playback, has researched, piloted, evaluated and developed school improvement planning resources which are designed to engage key stakeholders, staff, parents and pupils in a rigorous process of self-evaluation leading to improved planning and practice impacting on children’s learning. We have a wide variety of training session that can be tailored to meet individual school requirements and are associated to the range of resources we have available.
The broad aims of our self-evaluation CPD sessions are to:
- Familiarise staff with our school improvement resources and how these will support them to work towards achieving excellence
- Promote and increase staff’s knowledge and understanding of the value of reflection and self-evaluation and to firmly embed these in their working practices and planning for improvement.
- Promote and increase staff’s knowledge and understanding of collegiate working in order to achieve consensus
- Build relationships and offers opportunities for staff to share or model good practice and improve school reporting, action and improvement planning
- Utilise the resources to create a more inclusive and healthy school environment which will impact positively on pupils’ future learning and skills development.
Playback’s resources and training opportunities supports school inspection models How Good Is Our School 4 (HGIOS 4) (Scotland 2015) and the Getting it right for every child agenda (GIRFEC Scotland and Every Child Matters UK).
Our school improvement resources promote a rigorous process of self-evaluation that actively engages and involves support for educators to reflect on their practice and to identify, measure and record the impact that this level of reflection has had on children’s learning. It offers everyone the opportunity to engage in open, honest conversation, fostering positive relationships within a non-threatening, safe environment where views and opinions can be expressed and valued by everyone; it also encourages leadership at every level as staff and pupils volunteer to take on action for improvement.
Sessions can be delivered during:
- An in-service day – AM or PM Session
- A collegiate session during term time 3.15 – 5.15pm
The cost is negotiable depending on numbers of staff and session requested.
Information CPD Opportunities: CPD_Information
To discuss a free on site presentation (Scotland only), the range of opportunities and cost further please contact:
Phone: +44 (0)131 453 5514